Sunday, 18 November 2012

Brief 4 / More Logos

A lot of the research I've done for this brief has been about logo design and it has turned more into a branding brief rather than a signage design one as planned. But the development and research I have done is important as this really was an area I needed to work on, so while it might not interest me so much as other areas of design, it is a useful skill to have.

I've been getting stuck over the logo design, so have researched some general logos which stand out to me for some reason, as well as focussing on the logos of museums.

Clever use of the letter G (which will be a focus of my logo)




A lot of the logo designs I've looked at just focus on one letter. With the word underneath. I'll be focusing on three letters, but will need to explain what the logo is for underneath / at the side. These logos have got me thinking about the use of colour, as it is something I have ignored previously. Especially for a museum design, a concept behind the logo and reasons for making design decisions are important, as shown in these examples.






I think its a good idea to make it clear that the logo is for a museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment