When I was looking on the websites of card retailers trying to find examples of type based cards I was quite disappointed with the outcomes, but not with this range of cards, which I particularly like.
I think with these cards the fun, playful and sometimes cheeky message on the front is as important as the actual typographic design. The messages can put a smile on someones face, and that is why they will be drawn to buy the card. I would like to achieve this with my cards so think I will really need to consider what I am going to write on the card.
http://www.reallyfabcards.com/brightside.php
I think with these cards the fun, playful and sometimes cheeky message on the front is as important as the actual typographic design. The messages can put a smile on someones face, and that is why they will be drawn to buy the card. I would like to achieve this with my cards so think I will really need to consider what I am going to write on the card.
http://www.reallyfabcards.com/brightside.php
This is an example of a product that started off as a card design but is suitable to be applied to a large range of items. The packaging of these items is kept really basic and simple so as not to interfere with the bold, lively text.
A mix of upper and lower case letters, with a slightly random positioning for each letter make these cards fun and stop the messages from being too serious. If this was done with a different font choice for each letter it would look too much, but the fact this font is used throughout every product keeps things consistent and gets this font stuck in the customers head, so they remember this range when they are looking for cards to buy.
Colour is used to highlight part of the message, but only one or two extra colours are used in the designs, to make sure everything works together. The stock and print finishes have also been considered to show off that these cards are high quality ones rather than some of the naff choices available. A slightly textured background stock makes the cards interesting to feel and look at, and a subtle use of foil to make one part of the message stand out is a way of using a print finish without it overpowering the page.
I think this is a really well designed product range and I am impressed by how many products and designs there are available. I'd like to create quite a few designs, but make sure that everything is consistent. I will look back at what Bright Side Cards have achieved when I am designing my range.












No comments:
Post a Comment