Sunday, 18 November 2012

Brief 4 / Invites



These invites are high fashion invites, but I still found them relevant for my purpose, because I am also wanting to create something high quality and interesting to appeal to the target audience. The invites are grouped in to different categories, picking up on the trends in invite design.

The invites that stand out to me are the ones that feature interesting folds, and are unusual compared to your standard size invite. The invites are obviously printed on to high quality stock and many feature print finishes to add to the luxury which is something I definitely want to do. Even if I can not achieve these finishes, I will propose something to show what I want my invite design to look like.

Some of the invites have themes behind them, such as the ticket design, which is another idea of a route to go down.

Ideas from looking at these invites / things to consider:

- Could print on to acetate or acetate over another stock
- Presentation needs to be perfect
- Keep designs simple but use interesting textured stock
- Consider how the invite will fold, could be origami based
- How will the invite be opened, how will it be interacted with?
- Type based design with focus on print finish
- Have a pull out / keepsake part of the invite
- Invite could open like a book
- Package the invite
- Invite could contain a relevant promotional item to be a constant reminder
- Try embossing, foil blocking, laser cutting etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment