Monday, 19 November 2012

Brief 1 / Cards with Hand Drawn Typography

As I have mixed the YCN brief with the tigerprint hand drawn typography brief, I wanted to look at some examples of this, as well as, digital typography that has been inspired by a hand drawn style, or originally created by hand. Most hand drawn typography that I have looked at seems fun and playful, and as it is drawn by hand and not an existing font, all examples are pretty different. These are three things that my work is required to be as part of the brief I am doing, so I think this is a good route to go down.

Here are some examples that have caught my attention previously:

 

Amy Marcella 
These quotes are initially hand drawn and then altered using illustrator. They work well against a plain background. I like how they are decorative and still legible, which is something I need mine to be.




Me & Amber / Morris & Essex



I've also looked at Steph Baxter's card range, as typography is an important part of her designs. The type looks as if it was originally hand drawn, or based on a hand drawn, style and then turned to a vector in illustrator. This is an option for me, to still have an original style of type, but creating is as a vector would make it easier to be applied to different products. 

stephsayshello




No comments:

Post a Comment