This font MTF Doodlewhats has helped me think of some of the patterns I could doodle around my letterforms for the style of typography I want to create for the greetings card brief. I think these doodles will appeal to the target audience of teenage girls, but still look good rather than looking a bit cheesy like most cards out there for the target audience range.
__
Here are examples of how typography can be combined with doodles to create really detailed results which look good and are interesting to look at. It is important with my cards that the messages will be easy to read, and I think when the type is plain, leaving all the detail to the background, is when this works best. Also, keeping the designs to one colour, and just letting the doodles stand out seems to work best.
I could use a variety of mediums to create my doodles, from biros, fine writers, pencils, inks etc. I want the messages to look more like well designed art work than a scribble in the back of someones notebook though!








No comments:
Post a Comment