Monday, 5 November 2012

Brief 4/ Exhibition Maps

I've been collecting general exhibition leaflets and maps from ones I have been to, (see blog post) but wanted to include this one by johnsonbanks that I saw online a while ago as it is so different from the other examples.

There are a few different examples of maps taking you on walks around the V&A, as if you are being guided by different people, in this instance, Paul Smith. The map opens up to be a fully functional map but the way it has been folded together makes different parts stand out and just looks a lot more eye catching than a normal exhibition leaflet, encouraging you to pick one up. I'm becoming really interested in paper folds and would like to bring this in to my work somehow.







Even the stand for the maps has been designed to match. With such an interesting display, it would be hard to walk past this without wanting to pick up a map and find out what is going on.




No comments:

Post a Comment