Thursday, 11 October 2012

Brief 3/ Hand Drawn Style Type

The examples of hand drawn type I have included here are from the book "I Heart Stationery - Charlotte Rivers" 

For my Graphic Design rule book, I wanted to experiment with both hand drawn and digitally created type, to decide which style to use for my book. I may end up using both styles, I think I need to have a play around first and decide what works best, so I've used this book to help me as I create hand drawn type using my quotes. [See blog post]

____________________________

 

Amy Marcella 
These quotes are initially hand drawn and then altered using illustrator. They work well against a plain background. I like how they are decorative and still legible, which is something I need mine to be.
____________________________




Me & Amber / Morris & Essex
Some more nice stationery examples that have got me thinking about the choices of stock I need to make.
____________________________



 

Paperfinger / K Is For Calligraphy
These calligraphic styles are quite relevant to some of the decorative type I've been creating digitally, which I'd also like to try and create by hand, to see what works better.

____________________________



Meant to be calligraphy and Fig 2 Design / Hello Jenuine
These examples have got me thinking about print finishes I could use to make my type stand out, such as letter pressing and laser cutting.

____________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment