This research exercise is more about considering the ranges than the actual product design. I wanted to look at some of the ranges by companies most well known for their stationery products, and see how many things you can create out of what design, to push me further to think about what I can create for my collection. I was quite surprised just how many products Paperchase got from one design.
Range - How many products available?
1. Address book
2. Birthday card
3. Diary
3. Wrapping paper
4. Notebook (Different sizes available)
5. Magazine file
6. Tape set
7. Card box (Different sizes available)
8. Photo frame (Different sizes available)
9. Trinket box (Glass)
10. Pencils
11. Pen Pots
12. Pens
13. Pack of exercise books
14. Tote bags
15. Writing sets
16. Personal organiser
17. Mug
18. Passport and travel set
19. Variety of bag designs
Example ranges & Other products from other ranges:
20. Water bottle
21. Postcards
22. Key rings
23. Posters
24. Pencil case
25. Folders
26. Stickers
27. Stationery gift set
28. Notecards set
29. Carry case
30. Plastic case
31. Document wallet
32. Phone case
33. Lanyard
34. Scrapbook
35. Sticky notes
36. Sketchbook
37. Ringbinder
38. Sharpener
39. Rubber
40. Invitations
42. USB stick
43. Bookmarks (card, plastic and metallic)
44. Lockable journal
45. Playing cards
46. Kitchenware incl. Lunchboxes etc.
47. Tissues & Plasters
48. Gift bag & Tags
48. Party ware
48. Badges
49. Stationery tin
50. Rubbers
51. Pencil toppers
52. Shopper coin
53. Sticker album
54. Fridge magnets
55. Camera case
56. Magnetic shopping list
57. Filing case
58. Clipboard
59. Gift boxes
60. Memo block
61. Key caps
62. To do list pad
63. Tea towels
64. Paperweight
65. Study planner 66. And lots of other slightly random and irrelevant objects!
This has made me think about how much I can actually do with the designs I create. I want to push every brief further, so covering lots of ranges (and still trying to keep it relevant to the internet theme) could be what I do with this brief. I'm sure I'll keep looking back at Paperchase's ranges when considering sizes, planning prices etc.
58. Clipboard
59. Gift boxes
60. Memo block
61. Key caps
62. To do list pad
63. Tea towels
64. Paperweight
65. Study planner 66. And lots of other slightly random and irrelevant objects!
This has made me think about how much I can actually do with the designs I create. I want to push every brief further, so covering lots of ranges (and still trying to keep it relevant to the internet theme) could be what I do with this brief. I'm sure I'll keep looking back at Paperchase's ranges when considering sizes, planning prices etc.






No comments:
Post a Comment