I think this post is both relevant to Brief 2 (Stationery design about the internet) and Brief 4 (Graphic design museum), as I've looked at design about the internet, as well as looking at logo design for museum exhibition.
_______________
The Google Web Lab is a current exhibition at the London Science Museum, which I unfortunately won't be able to visit until after this project is handed in, but I've still found the website useful to look at, in terms of information about the internet and especially when considering design.
Here is a video about the exhibition to get a better understanding of what is going on:
The colourful logo which matches the colours used in the features in the website, can also work in black and white as just an outline, as seen in the example in the right.
Here are some screen shots from the website. Chrome Web Lab
I really like the colour scheme and how it works against a simple background. I don't really want to focus on the website design, as its not relevant, I'm more interested in the colour choices, logo, and icons used.
I really like the use of icons here, and I think I will continue to look more into icongraphy as I think they look better than my initial idea of pixel based designs. These icons are shown as outline only above, and then are filled in with gradients of the colours used in the logo below. This is a really clever idea, and gives me ideas of how I can vary my designs. For example, I could create little icons in colour to use as stickers but just use the outlines in the pattern. I definitely want to play about with these simplistic shapes and the use of colour as shown here.









No comments:
Post a Comment