I was shocked about how many infographics there are on the internet, about the internet, so I looked through quite a lot. I don't know if I want to go in to infographics, its just a lot of the graphics concerning the internet are shown in this way, so I thought this would be a good way to find designs of the theme I am looking at for my stationery designs, which will help influence my design practice. I've included a few of the best infographics I looked at.
_______________________________________________________________
This is a great infographic about a day in the internet, which contains interesting facts, some of which are quite shocking. The visuals are really interesting and mean a lot of information can be delivered in a way which is memorable, and quick to understand through the images. This is my favourite piece of design about the internet and I will consider when I start my designs.
_______________________________________________________________
http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2007-06-10/chart-who-participates-and-what-people-are-doing-online
I really like the pixel style design of this info graphic and this is the kind of style I'd like to try for my designs. This style still looks good and decorative, but the symbols are really easy to understand as they are simplistic. As with all the info graphics I've been looking at, I realise how important colour is for separating out the information.
_______________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________
http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2007-06-10/chart-who-participates-and-what-people-are-doing-online
I really like the pixel style design of this info graphic and this is the kind of style I'd like to try for my designs. This style still looks good and decorative, but the symbols are really easy to understand as they are simplistic. As with all the info graphics I've been looking at, I realise how important colour is for separating out the information.
I quite like how this info graphic is set out, and the use of colour, although there is a lot of information on one page. I think simple imagery works well in an info graphic as there is so much going on, and I think I will try simple graphics for my stationery designs.
I'm not planning on making a moving image, but thought this one was well made, and I really like the graphics used, especially the typography and how it is all laid out. This is a video that gets you thinking about the internet and how it is used, and I wonder if it is possible to create graphics that get people thinking about the internet. This could be by aiming my target audience to be people who will take the internet for granted as it has always been around for them.
Another interesting info graphic about the internet, with simplistic graphics. I like how famous logos and icons have been really simplified down in terms of graphics and colours used, but they are still obvious what they are. I might try creating some graphics like this for my designs.
This is another design where the statistics and information really gets you thinking about the internet and how much and how many people use it. I could possibly create products that are aimed at getting people away from using the internet, and back to old methods of communication, like letter writing.


















No comments:
Post a Comment