Thursday, 11 October 2012

Brief 2 / The History of the Internet Graphics

I knew I wanted to create a brief about the history of the internet, but wasn't sure what I wanted to create or how so much information could be shown in an organised way. I wanted to find something different to a book or website page. So here are some examples I have come across that are quite clever:
_______________________________________________________________




This is an interesting and engaging way of showing the history of the internet, to people who may not have any knowledge of the subject. The simple graphics stop it from getting too confusing and keep everything looking clean. I wouldn't want to create a moving image but think creating designs with simple imagery could work well to communicate and look good.





_______________________________________________________________


https://www.facebook.com/Grovo

A facebook timeline, using the internet to show the history of the internet. I think this is a clever idea and the page is easily accessible to the audience.

Obviously its hard to show a lot of information over a facebook timeline, but key events are covered, and links are given so people can research an area more if they feel like. Its also hard to get across the design so this one is more about the idea than the look.



_______________________________________________________________


evolutionoftheweb

This visual interactive infographic shows information about the world web with the use of colours. The way the colours are shown makes them seem as if they are dancing across the page. The colours all work well together and when layered over each other create blending effects.




I really like this infographic as it shows off data which could be considered boring in a really beautiful, interesting way. If you didn't read what it was about, you wouldn't know all the information was about the internet, but as it looks interesting it draws you in to find out more. I would like to try organising the information I am finding in a way that still is educational, but looks good.


No comments:

Post a Comment