The examples of stationery here are from: I Heart Stationery - Charlotte Rivers
Despite digital media taking over with emails, social networking and blogging, the stationery industry is still booming. There is still a huge market for these products, with companies like Paperchase doing exceptionally well, as well as people continuing to buy hand made goods from Etsy.
Here are some examples of stationery design which I like, and I would aim for my set of stationery to be similar to these.
___________________________________________
Paper & Type
These examples have made me think about when I come to creating my notebooks for the stationery, I need to think about the details of the inside pages as well as the cover. I need everything to be consistent.
___________________________________________
Allison Cole Illustration
I need to think about how I will package my products, and I think maybe a simple bellyband as shown in the example on the left would work well, as I don't want the packaging to take over the product. I need to consider not just stock, but things like the binding.
___________________________________________
W+K Studio Goodness
I've included this example as while the designs are based on cross stitch designs, I like their simplicity and think they are quite like the pixel theme I am going for to relate to the internet. I like the idea of creating patterns just from the pixel squares and using a simple colour scheme.
___________________________________________
___________________________________________
Heart Zeena
Another beautiful stationery example; I'm seeing lots of printing on to natural brown paper and screen printing as a method of printed through this book. Like the birds here, I should think about how I can create the products in a different shape than just a standard notebook.
___________________________________________
Snap & Tumble / Natasha Mileshina at Bubbo
After looking at this book I realise there is so much more to think about than just the actual design of the pattern. There are lots of finishing touches to be created, and nets to be made. I like the idea of keeping the outside of the envelope plain, but including the pattern inside.
___________________________________________
Jesse Breytenbach / Brie Harrison for Galison
The fabric covered notebook on the left could be an idea for how I cover one of the notebooks, if I could print on to fabric first. This could make a more expensive looking notebook than one with a digitally printed cover, but would mean a lot more work. I particularly like all the stationery on the right, and the mix of the busy pattern with just a simple colour inside which works really well.
___________________________________________
Redstar Ink / Scout Books
Some more examples of stationery printed on to brown paper, I like these designs as they are mainly type based. I haven't decided whether my designs will be type or image or a mix of both, but these examples show either can work.
___________________________________________
Corrupiola
This packaging for the set of notebooks is clever, as sections are laser cut out, so that the pattern of the notebook inside can be seen in glimpses from the outside. This shows that packaging for stationery can be as creative as the design of the stationery inside.
___________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment