Friday, 12 October 2012

Brief 2/ Pixel Design: Images, Icons and Patterns

Continuing on from looking at pixel based fonts, I've had a look for pixel images, icons and patterns. I want to think about how I can develop this idea of communicating the internet through these images. I think the results of my stationery range will be quite different from what is already out there.


I want to start playing about with creating my own icons and images now, making images that are relevant to do with the internet, such as these below on the right.


This is an example of a product from a 'pixelated floral' range at Paperchase, an example of how pixel based designs can enter the mainstream stationery industry. It is an idea for how I can bring colour in to my images and make them more exciting.


These graphics are a possible idea for backgrounds for my designs, showing how the use of percentages of a colour shown in squares can actually look quite good.


I think this style will also work better in print when applied to a product rather than just the image file itself. A pixel themed pattern which could be applied to anything from fashion to stationery.



This pixel paper is the cover paper for a book for which it is quite a relevant pattern to include.



_______

Pixel design applied in a stylish way to branding and stationery design.




_______


No comments:

Post a Comment