I am looking at existing Graphic Design rulebooks to consider their content and look at their design, and how my rulebook can stand out from what is already available. When I started doing this brief I didn't realise that there were already a few rulebooks available so its important I create something different.
____________________________________________
This book is more about business success in general rather than graphic design. I like the simplistic type only cover, that makes a dramatic statement with its bold text. I want my book to be mainly focused on type, so I think I will have a front cover also without an image.
The different coloured foils add a bit of excitement to the cover and stop it from being boring. I think I'd liked to include some sort of print finish to my book as I want to make it appealing and exciting.
Instead of just included a quote, it is usually backed up with a bit of a text and a relevant image. I think this is something I will need to do for my book, for it to make sense. While I do want it to look good, I need to make sure that it does have a purpose and is actually useful as its purpose is intended for.
I think this is just the right amount of text to include to give out useful advice but to keep it looking good and easy to read, as the target audience will be more visual learners.
The book cover is quite glossy and folds out. I like the idea of using different textured and weighted stocks in my book to make it a bit more exciting, and I think this will appeal to the target audience of graphic designers.
I like the mixture of simplistic pages containing only a quote compared to the pages with more detail and images and text.
____________________________________________
This is another example of a graphic design rulebook but I don't think its set out as well, as while it might contain a lot of relevant information, I think there is a bit too much going on. There are a mix of colours and many bright images and sometimes its like the different information is fighting for attention.
Again I think including text backing up what the rules are about is a good idea, and maybe including some examples of graphic design that are relevant to the quote instead of just a random image.
The rules are set out in to chapters which I think is a good idea as some of the rules I thought of for my book are quite similar, so I could do a chapter on time management etc..
____________________________________________
There are a few other books I want to try and get my hands on such as:
There are a few other books I want to try and get my hands on such as:
No comments:
Post a Comment