Wednesday, 14 March 2012

YCN... More Website Design

Following on from originally just looking at the websites of the fashion stores on the british high street with the same target audience as Peacocks, I'm now looking at a few more examples of well designed websites that will help me to create my own.

These two were recommended by Chloe:



I like how this layout it so simple, so it allows for a patterned background. Everything is set out really well, so that everything is easy to find, yet the page retains its simplicity. The sleek style makes it seem very professional and a luxurious brand. Also in the image, the way the blouses are laid out is a good way of showing this range, as compared to just using one image of a model wearing one of the blouses. This could be something I try with Pearl Lowe's range of dresses. 



This layout for a fashion blog is again very simplistic, with the focus being on the images. By having three columns, its a bit different from the other website layouts I've looked at, and so could be an interesting structure to try out. 



This is quite different from the other website designs as theres so much going on. The header takes up so much space, but as a girly girl, these patterned headers are appealing to me. I like the pastel colour scheme and the whole look of the layout gives you an understanding of what will be on the blog. I have included this layout as it looks really good, but I don't think the structure of this blog would work for a clothes website.



I like how the images have been edited to make them more exciting on the page. This looks more interesting than a website where the images are just placed in equally spaced gaps, however, it could be quite hard to create this look and keep the page layout looking simple. I might have a go at editing some of the images I have of the Pearl Lowe range to experiment with trying a similar effect.


This website design for this shop is quite unusual, which matches with the style of the shop and what they sell. It appeals to be because I am a more image based person. As most of the websites I have looked at have been very simple I thought it would be interesting to show this example, although this isn't the style of website I will be wanting to create for Peacocks. The website is quite hard to navigate through as a shop so people would lose their patience if it was a clothes shop. I like how when you rollover the items at the top, they become colourful.



This is quite similar to the design of the Aubin and Wills website, again with a good mix of simplicity and pattern. There is a good mix of the old and the new, with the style of the logo and the print background, against the simplicity of the layout. As Pearl Lowe's range is vintage fashion, but Peacocks is going for a more modern approach and younger customers, this would be something good to try.

I've looked more into Liberty's methods of promotions by looking at their online magazine and their newsletter. I'm a big fan of Liberty's design style, however, their target audience is completely different to our target audience for Peacocks.



I love the simplistic layout of their modern magazine which lets the images stand out, in contrast to their busy, traditional prints.


An example of a Liberty newsletter with a focus on colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment