Not all of the graphic design that inspires us will be specific to the fashion industry, and it is important to look at other areas of graphic design so we don't end up creating something that is already existing. I have done this research mainly to inspire my initial designs for the posters as I was feeling a bit stuck as I didn't feel the designs represented what I was wanting to communicate about Peacocks.
///
///
I have included some designs that are relevant to the fashion industry, such as Pearl Lowe's actual website, which probably appeals more to me as an image based designer. For example, I like the flower imagery behind the logo.
Pearl Lowe's website is a good example of the mix of luxurious vintage elegance with modern design.
While the photographs at the bottom of the page are a bit creepy with the massive eyes, I like how the images aren't just placed equally in rectangles, but the wonky edges make a nice change.
Here the Peacocks logo is shown white on the image on the right then black on a black picture on the image in the centre. This doesn't look right and is hard to read. Getting the consistency of the logo right is something we want to do with out campaign.
I really like the patterned backgrounds, and I think they represent the type of clothes Pearl has created. Having the links at the bottom of the page again is quite unusual as you would except them to be at the top. Its things like this that make this website stand out and be remembered. I don't think this type of design would be too practical as an online clothes shopping website, I think I'll have to tone it down a bit and add a bit more white and simplicity into if I was to create a design like this.
///
theavalonrose
I found this website from a google search, it is a website selling vintage style website designs suitable for online jewellery stores and such. I think the graphic design is a bit basic compared to what we are trying to create, but I do like the imagery used. The overall style would make it clear about the type of products being sold. I think this is a bit too vintage like for what we are trying to create, but it is a good example to show that I want to create something in between this and the simplistic styles of the websites I have researched.
I found this website from a google search, it is a website selling vintage style website designs suitable for online jewellery stores and such. I think the graphic design is a bit basic compared to what we are trying to create, but I do like the imagery used. The overall style would make it clear about the type of products being sold. I think this is a bit too vintage like for what we are trying to create, but it is a good example to show that I want to create something in between this and the simplistic styles of the websites I have researched.
An example website:
Lots of examples of websites they have designed:
Example imagery:
///
I have found this amazing blog vintagemeohmy, which contains lots of different examples of vintage graphic design. I looked through for ages and found loads of lovely pieces, most of them not relevant to fashion at all, but still inspiring. Here are some pieces that really stood out to me:
I think I want the type I use to be sans serif and quite simple so it is easy to read, but I could link back to this decorative style with the use of swirls, maybe creating a border.
Some of these examples are genuinely vintage graphic design, where some are modern takes on the vintage style. I especially like the above example on the right, as the old, black and white image has been updated with brightly coloured shapes and modern text. This is something I could re-create with the vintage style of the Daisy Lowe photographs, and then I could add modern type and bright colours to it.
I think it is the type and the colour schemes used that make all these designs stand out as being vintage. And the use of lines and dots and swirls to decorate the designs. These are things that I will have to think about while continuing to develop my designs, to ensure it is obvious I get the theme I am going for across.
///
Chloe has found these nice typography poster designs, which are a nice mix of vintage and modern. Again, I think it is the decorative swirls that add to the vintage theme, so this is something I should try in my designs.
I will try and link these vintage styles back in to my design practice work, for starters, as I create the website.






















No comments:
Post a Comment