Friday, 16 March 2012

YCN... Fashion Branding & Advertising

//

Chloe has found these examples of branding, showing how different objects can be created where all the designs work together as a set. These examples contain: mailing label, vertical business card, promo stickers, sticker tags, and handing tags. By sticking with the same font, colour scheme, and focus with the shape of the circle, it is obvious that all of these items are part of a set. As Peacock's methods of advertising at the moment are a bit all over the place, as I found out when I researched into them, [examples here], one of the main things we said we wanted to achieve was to make all of their branding link in together.

These examples are for a clothes store, and I really like the 'g', as its quite clever how it is made up from a coat hanger. I like the designs, but think they are quite simplistic, and I'm not completely sure who the target audience is, apart from it being females.



//

I found these sophisticated adverts by Neville Brody and would like to try creating some advertisements in a similar style featuring Peacocks clothing and photographs from the Pearl Lowe range. I think these adverts could be quite timeless, and would appeal to both the younger generation and the older generation shopping at Peacocks. They are a good mix of type with the image, and I think this could work well to try this.





//

To potentially go for a different approach, I've researched high fashion adverts, scanning these in from magazines. While these may be suited for a different target audience, the sophisticated style of these adverts may be something we try and get across with out Peacocks adverts.



No comments:

Post a Comment