There are so many different versions of this classic piece of literature, and so here are some examples of the different book covers.
These show just how important and successful this book is, and that there are different approaches to designs concerning it. I like the covers that are a bit different the best, such as the one where the detail has been sewn on (penguin thread covers), and the modern take one, with its simplistic colours and imagery focusing on the wheelchair. I don't know how I will do it yet but I definitely want my images to stand out. Maybe I could do this by creating imagery for the less obvious parts of the story, rather than obvious imagery like a key or arch.
This is the version I chose to buy and I have scanned in some of the beautiful pages. This obviously isn't the style of drawing that I will be creating, but I have included it to show what is out there and because I think the images are beautifully drawn. I won't be copying off any existing imagery, instead I will be drawing what I imagine when I read the secret garden.















No comments:
Post a Comment