Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Image... Self-initiated Brief... More Papercraft Artists

After finding the work from the amazing kateslaterillustration, I have looked at some more paper craft artists, to find different styles to help me decide how to create my 3d scenes. 


Possibly one of the most famous paper craft artists today, Rob Ryan's work contains lots of garden imagery, so is very relevant to my topic, and quite a lot of the time, his work contains text. I need to work out how to include the text from the Secret Garden in to my images.






It would be interesting to get some of my favourite quotes from the book in to the images however I want mine to be 3d, not 2d paper cuts.


This designer has a modern approach, with a mix of paper cut and photography. This style is simplistic, and I think I would like to add more detail to my designs, but the brightly coloured paper and the way it has been photographed makes it exciting.




These impressive trainers are made to actual size and from a distance look realistic. They show how fascinating 3d paper craft can be.


// http://www.helenmusselwhite.com

Creating a 3d scene in white is an interesting idea as it lets the shapes and patterns stand out. 


I like the style of these 3d scenes and think I will aim to create something similar. I like how the detail on the butterfly has been cut in, rather than being drawn on, and this shows how images can be drawn with a scalpel. 


I will be creating birds for my 3d scenes, and these images show how they can be made with just a few pieces of paper.



Again, really impressive scenes that I want to create something similar to.

// http://www.artyulia.com/index.php/Illustration





This is a different take on 3d paper craft, by swirling the paper. The finishing results are unique and interesting, and I think this style looks really well with creating flowers, but wouldn't work so well for different detailed aspects of my 2d drawings.

// http://www.chrissiemacdonald.co.uk/



These paper craft images are amazing, and work really well against a simplistic background. They are so well paper-crafted they almost look real. As I am new to paper crafting, I don't think my examples will look this good, but it is good for me to find artists like this to aspire to be like.

// http://www.jordyfu.com/




These paper craft scenes are unusual, as they are created just from white paper, with the use of light to make the images stand out.



I have been so impressed with many of the paper craft artists I have looked at, especially this one. The use of extra special finishing touches such as glitter makes these detailed designs look luxurious. 









I like the hand crafted simplistic approach as much as I like the detailed approach. In designs like these, the use of the coloured paper is very important, and these neat, well made designs look as if they took a long time to create.

No Bones - Nation of Shopkeepers Posters

These hand crafted trees and tepees on these posters are quite simple shapes, but with the use of patterned, glitter, or textured paper they stand out. The many different coloured shades of paper stop the scenes from looking boring.




No comments:

Post a Comment