Friday, 23 March 2012

Image... Self-initiated Brief... Beautiful Books

The House of Ellwand - Fairie-ality

As for my project I am creating a book about the secret garden, I have looked at some more books, as well as having looked at book design for the book works brief. Here is a beautiful example of a book, with different print finishes and the use of different stocks, to make each page different and exciting and to give this book a luxurious finish. I may consider some of these processes when printing my book.


Foil blocking on title on wrap around cover / De-bossing on book cover


Tracing paper envelope / Photograph showing variety of stock weights, textures & colours


Tracing paper with text over image


Different size paper / fold out sections


Tracing paper image over other image


Flip pages / Thick, rough stock

This beautiful book contains many different stocks, print finishes and folds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment