When looking at how to go about creating packaging to do with Alice in Wonderland that is unique, I decided to start with researching images of how others have portrayed the characters in this story. I've not really got a design direction at the moment so hopefully this will spark some ideas.
This designer has done loads of work for Alice in Wonderland things, some with quite different styles but all looking really good in different ways. What I like best is the typeface used, as it manages to capture the theme of Alice in Wonderland in it, even including the symbols from playing cards in the text. I want to include playing card symbols in my designs as they are an important part of the story.
I like the idea of creating an Alice in Wonderland pattern to use on my packaging.



This is a clever idea to put quotes in to the shape of relevant imagery. I want to include lots of quotes from the book in my designs, meaning that the focus will be on type. And if I can mix type with imagery this is a perfect way to display the theme.
These styles are based on the vintage books, and the way the text is laid out is a bit like the swirly route the poem in the book takes.
Type Ideas
Creating images from type is something I could do... I like the mix of playing cards and letters, there is a possibly of creating my own typeface to make it relate to the theme.
These gorgeous invites have been my biggest source of inspiration so far. I love how simple they are, letting the text stand out. The simple, limited colour scheme and basic imagery makes something which could be childish relevant to an adult audience. It looks fashionable and stylish and is type based, something that I want my imagery to be.
Book Covers
I've looked at the Alice in Wonderland book covers to help give me a starting point, as initially I was going to answer the Puffin brief as well as the YCN one.
Food //
I need to consider what will go in the picnic carrier, and I've found a few examples of alice in wonderland inspired foods...
I've taken these photos of a book I have about Alice in Wonderland with crafts in. I really like the paper cut imagery, this could work really well creating a similar vector style. This book has helped me to consider some of the contents for my picnic pack, such as what the drinks will be.
http://www.motifpersonnel.com/exclusivites-motif-personnel/
These Alice in Wonderland patterns are really cute and appealing, but they are more feminine and for children, whereas what I am aiming to create is for both males and females, and for an older age. I really like the font used in the patterns, I think more quotes written out in this font would work really well.
These Alice in Wonderland patterns are really cute and appealing, but they are more feminine and for children, whereas what I am aiming to create is for both males and females, and for an older age. I really like the font used in the patterns, I think more quotes written out in this font would work really well.

























No comments:
Post a Comment