Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Product / Range / Distribution... Initial Research

I started out by researching picnic packaging that was made out of card rather than an actual picnic basket. I actually struggled to find many examples, all I could find were the other entries to this M&S brief, and I didn't really want to look at them in too much detail as I didn't want to end up copying another entry.


Picnic Baskets



I'd seen this flat pack picnic set from Cath Kidston in store a while ago, and think it looks really good and would definitely make a stylish picnic perfect for a summers day. However I remember it was quite expensive so I don't know if it sold too well. I think my picnic pack would be more successful as it would contain everything needed for the picnic, where you still have to make the food yourself here, so people are probably more likely just to buy food when they're out.


The Boxsal is an Eco-friendly picnic bag which is fully compostable and recyclable. It’s the perfect replacement for the traditional wicker basket you took for picnics. It is not only sturdy but also fashionable and has super cool looks, So next time you want to take a break from the routine and head out for an impromptu picnic, don’t worry about how to pack your picnic stuff.


GRAZE BOX







While the graze box is more for lunch times, its still an example of a portable box for carrying food that is environmentally friendly, and is careful not to waste material meaning the profit is higher as they will be spending less on material. I want to make my picnic pack as environmentally friendly as I can, and also keep costs down, so that I can sell the box to a younger audience that who already shop at M&S, to prove that M&S is not just for older people, and to change the stereotypes of what people think. Graze boxes are similar to what I am trying to do, as they literally contain everything you need, including the napkin and the leaflet with nutritional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment