As packaging is something I haven't looked at in a while, I thought I would look through some design inspirations websites to see some clever and well designed subject specific examples. This is a starting point as I don't have a design direction at the moment.
What you can do with wrapping paper... I could create wrapping paper which is basically a page from the book to wrap the products..
http://www.clipper-teas.com/home
These teas are Alice in Wonderland inspired. The simple vector characters are instantly recognisable and look fun, but not too young. This would be perfect to create something like this. The packaging itself is simple, letting the design speak for itself. I like how the text is a feature of the characters, and I could do something like this but using a quote from the book.
Lots of products in this range:
These examples are simplistic but stylish. I like the idea of sealing things with a sticker, this is something I think I'll do. Maybe I will keep my designs as simple as possible like in this example, as it means everything works as a set and looks sophisticated, so it appeals to the target audience. I like the extra finishing touch of the use of ribbon, so I would like to add a finishing touch to my packaging.
I like how the images on these bottles feature different patterns. I've tried creating patterns before and its something I've enjoyed, so if I could communicate some of the memorable imagery from alice in wonderland in the form of a pattern this could be a nice way of presenting my work.
Another nice simple packaging range, showing the importance of stock choices, which is something I need to think about. The colours stand out well against the stock they have been printed on. A good range of products are covered, and this is something I would like to do, rather than just spend time creating one product.
I like how the images come off the side of the product here rather than being placed right in the centre. I will have to experiment with the positioning of my images on my packaging rather than just placing them in the first place they go.
Again, another use of pattern, this time for the background, working subtly to decorate this bottle. A patterned background is something that could work for me to allow the type to stand out in my design, which is something I decided I initially wanted to do.
Another example of tea bag packaging. I like how each different flavour has its own limited colour scheme, with a decorative patterned background, but the band around the middle ensures the important information is easily readable. I will have to consider readability of my text especially if I am including long quotes from the book. I am going to be working to a limited colour scheme also, as this is something that was written in the M&S brief.
A good mix of type and image here. The packaging is really simple so that both elements can stand out without being too over powering. The contrast of black and white adds to the packaging. I think I could create something like this and hopefully this would allow my products to appeal to my target audience.
This packaging has a mix of modern with the type choice and vintage with the illustrations. As Alice in wonderland is an old story that I bringing to a modern audience, I could try and mix the two styles together to appeal to the audience but to keep the original charm of alice in wonderland.
Another mix of type and image that works well, with a simple colour scheme to stop it from look childish.
Here a good range of products have been designed for, so that everything that is needed is included. I like how the packaging isn't just a simple box, but is different to what else is available. I want to find an interesting packaging net so I will have a play around with different nets before deciding.
I like the little labels around these examples of packaging. This is something I will be doing as the 'drink me' bottle Alice picks up has a label around it. I like how in the first example the product is wrapped up to make it seem even more special, this could be a nice luxurious touch to add to my designs.





















No comments:
Post a Comment