As I am creating patterns for the background of my video and also for my packaging, I thought it would be appropriate to research some patterns that would relate to my vintage housewife theme. Images of patterns found in The cookery book for girls and Cupcake magic as well as patterns found in print and pattern 1 & 2 featuring: Cath Kidston; Lark; Orla Kiely; Chyanne Ganzel; Noi publishing; Jennifer Ellory and Amy Butler. I think the simple patterns such as spotty, stripy and gingham will work the best in the background as the floral patterns may be a bit much. The examples of patterns used as backgrounds in the cupcake magic cook book show that patterns can work as backgrounds, as long as they have a low opacity and that the colours are too bright and distracting. I have been experimenting with creating my own patterns on photoshop, following online tutorials. [see blog post]

No comments:
Post a Comment