I really like the colour scheme used on Nigella's website. Everything is so neatly arranged, with pretty, girly pastel shades, and tidy tabs that there can be a lot of content without ruining the look. It is a shame that the website has to contain adverts, as these don't fit in with the colour scheme. I really like the scalloped edge under the tabs bar at the top. I decided I wanted to try making one of these, and it took me a while to get it perfect, but I have used it in my design direction boards. I also thought back to this colour scheme when choosing mine, as I wanted colours that related to the cupcakes but also to the vintage housewives theme.
Soap and Glory has been a big inspiration for me when I was thinking about which design direction I will choose. I love the mix of modern with the vintage housewife style, but how through advertising and packaging these products seem bold and products a confident woman would use. The colour scheme is simple, and is girly, but not in too much of a 'pretty' way, so I believe these products appeal to all women, not just standard girly girls. I would love to be able to do a photo shoot so I have images of vintage housewives in my video, but I am aware with the time limitations that this is probably not possible. I will keep looking back to soap and glory products and adverts when I get stuck for ideas.
These are some examples of 50's Style Graphic Design by Retrografix. Looking at these examples has helped me to define my font choices and colour schemes so that what I am creating is recognisable to the 50's style. I will have to be careful when designing my videos that I do not include too many assets, as I think too much could look like something made on powerpoint rather than a well thought out 50's inspired design.
These are a few more examples of 50's inspired graphic design found on a google search that I will look back to when designing my video, to give me inspiration on how to arrange my assets.
These are images of vintage housewives which relate to my theme, and would add a cool touch to my video, rather than it just looking old fashioned. I particularly like the hand drawn image, and think that this could work well in a video, although it would take a while and a bit of skill to be able to animate a vintage housewife.
These images are from the book 'New Vintage Type', and I think they are all really beautiful examples of type mixed with imagery to create a vintage feel. In a way each example is quite different, and I don't know which style that I like the best, but I may look back to all of them for inspiration for different parts of my design.













No comments:
Post a Comment