Research
Primary...
My primary research has lead on to my secondary research...
Primary...
My primary research has lead on to my secondary research...
With the time limit on this brief, I won't be doing the kind of extensive research I would normally do with a brief, but I did ask a guardian reader what they would expect, and look at a copy of the guardian to answer the proposed research questions I set in my rationale.
Answer: The images are mainly photographs, but there are also line drawing, cartoons, illustrations, info graphics etc... The images are content specific so it depends on what the article is about. As a reader you see the graphics first, and the style of the image makes you recognise the style of the article, and to get an idea of what it is about, so you can decide whether it is something you want to read, and can lead to continue reading that particular column. The type of image may relate to the person who has written the article.
Secondary...
Secondary...
Guardian Website
I have tried to find each article or similar ones to get a style of what the images would be.
I have tried to find each article or similar ones to get a style of what the images would be.
I am quite surprised at the type of images that are used in the guardian because I was expecting mainly photographs, however, in this life and style section the images are quite creative, and so, I would definitely be persuaded to read on. As I was enjoying looking at the images I decided to go through many of the articles and find images from them that I liked, and then I have made contact sheets for each of the articles, to show the kind of images that are used in the guardian.
1. Doctor Doctor
1. Doctor Doctor
I was really shocked to see these types of images on the doctor doctor page as I expected it just to be a stock photo, whereas these responses are really creative. I wanted to do a collage style piece for the Facebook article, but after researching, I think this style would be better suited to my response to the doctor doctor article. I can still keep the same idea, but I think the final result will look better as a collage than a photograph.
2. Relationship Maths
The style of image for the relationship maths column is quite varied, so this means there isn't really a limit to what I can do. There is a mix of stock photos and illustrations. As I now think I will create the collage for the doctor doctor response instead of my response to this one as originally intended, I think I will create an illustration to show my Facebook idea.
3. This column will change your life
The colours used for the images for this column, and the style of image makes this column seem like an intelligent one, but one that is accessible and interesting. I will continue with my initial idea for this column, as I think it will fit in with really well with what the article is about.






No comments:
Post a Comment