Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Brief 4/ History of Graphic Design


This beautiful book is partly what helped to inspire the brief I have written. As a designer, I think I pay most attention to books when they look good, and when every thing is laid out in an interesting and easier to manage way. So this book was definitely a more interesting way to learn about the history of graphic design than a text book I could have found anywhere.

Here are some pages from inside the book. I like the simplicity of the colour schemes compared to the busy illustrations. The book has print finishes to make it stand out, like the use of spot varnish on the cover and for the raindrops in the cover jacket. I also like the spine and think overall this book is very well designed. At the back of the book are even card pages with cut outs and fun things. The book may look like it is aimed at a younger audience but I think any designer would appreciate the quality of the design.











No comments:

Post a Comment