Here are some examples of decorative type I've found in past issues of Creative Arts magazine, which are kind of what gave me inspiration to start this brief. I'm not really sure what styles I want to go with yet in terms of the type I will create, so just finding examples which stand out to me is a good place to start, and then I can think about creating some of my own, influenced by the ones that I have liked.
Hand drawn type with a mix of fonts to create a message. This is something I've tried before that I think I would like to do again now that I have a lot more software knowledge to create a much better version.
There was actually a tutorial included about how to create type like this, as it is made from attaching glyphs to an existing typeface to decorate it, so I think I might try this out, as this poster really stands out to me, showing that decorative type can be done on the computer.
Type cut out of wood - This kind of typography has got me thinking about how I can push my type further. Will it be 3d and photographed? What materials will I use? There are so many more possibilities than just writing out the message on a computer to create image from type.
Simple but effective messages - but here the quality is in the choices of colours and the print process used. I would like to try screen printing again to create prints that stand out
There was also a tutorial about creating a piece like this, so think this is something I will try. This is quite modern and on trend. It would only be good for a title page, as legibility is an issue with a typeface like this. But again, its a good example of how type can work by itself and create an image.
This is a piece which started off hand drawn and was improved using a computer. I think this is probably the best way to work and I would like to try something like this. Its the same style as some examples of illustrative type I have looked at in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment