Hyde Park
As well as visiting St George's field, I also took photographs around Hyde Park (Woodhouse Moor) as this is another possible destination for where the picnic could be held. However, I think it is the biggest park in Leeds centre, and is usually filled with students, so to hold the picnic here would kind of defeat the object of what our project is about.
Parks in Leeds
We used Google Maps to find out where there are parks in Leeds to include in our map.
Tea Room Logo's
For our idea of a Secret tea party to work, we needed to create branding which would mean that the map, app and tree decorations would all work together as a set. To give us inspiration we looked at existing tea shops and their branding.
Footsteps
I visited Leeds City Museum and noticed they used the footsteps idea to guide visitors to the story of Leeds exhibition. This proves that this idea works well, however, it also reveals that it has already been done before, where we are looking to create a unique idea.
Coffee Shops close to Leeds Uni
I walked down the road opposite to the Parkinson Steps of Leeds University to find coffee shops that could be used for our idea, as they are all close to St George's Field. I have photographed the outsides and recorded their addresses.
1. Smoothie Company
10 Blenheim Walk, Woodhouse, Leeds LS2 9AQ
2. Cool Beans
30 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds LS2 9HD
3. Miro
29 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds LS2 9HD
4. Opposite
26 Blenheim Terrace, Leeds LS2 9HD
5. Bakery 164
164 Woodhouse Lane, Leeds LS2 9HB
Thesaurus Thesaurus.com
I used thesaurus.com to find different words to help make the text that would be used in the final pieces more exciting.

Favourite/ Lesser known places in Leeds
I asked my classmates and friends who live in Leeds for their favourite or lesser known places in Leeds. These are the responses I got:
*Kirkstall Abbey * Yorkshire Sculpture Park *The Pack Horse Pub *St Georges Field *Nation of Shopkeepers *Smokestack *Brunell Social Club *Fuji Hero *Liberty Park's Park *Viva Cuba
Thesaurus Thesaurus.com
I used thesaurus.com to find different words to help make the text that would be used in the final pieces more exciting.

Favourite/ Lesser known places in Leeds
I asked my classmates and friends who live in Leeds for their favourite or lesser known places in Leeds. These are the responses I got:
*Kirkstall Abbey * Yorkshire Sculpture Park *The Pack Horse Pub *St Georges Field *Nation of Shopkeepers *Smokestack *Brunell Social Club *Fuji Hero *Liberty Park's Park *Viva Cuba




No comments:
Post a Comment