Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Brief 3/ Rule Book/ Illustrated Type/ Quoteskine

The Quoteskine book by Lee Crutchley is what gave me my initial idea to create a graphic design rulebook. I really like the idea of loads of hand drawn images and text put together in a sketchbook. Designing something like this would give me the freedom to try out lots of design skills as not every page would have to match in with the rest. The quotes in this book have some meaning to them, which made me think about including inspiration or rules.

I found out about this book through the computer arts magazine so here are some photographs of the spread:




Here are some photographs of the book from the website. I'd like to get my hands on a copy to see more examples of his work. I need to be careful not to go to fine arty if I'm creating something like this, which is why I wouldn't want all of the pages to be hand drawn, I'd want to include some computer based typography.


The book demonstrates totally different styles of typography, some mixed with image.




As well as the book, the prints are available on other bits of merchandise, such as these postcards, which made me think about how I could take my rule book further, extending on my product range.




No comments:

Post a Comment