Friday, 20 July 2012

PPD... Branding Inspiration

When starting to create my branding for my business cards, I looked back on business cards that I have collected from degree and design shows. I wanted to make sure I was including everything I needed to, and I wanted to see what had worked and what didn't on other peoples. I was quite surprised how many cards didn't have a website or how many had inaccurate details on them so I will double check mine before sending them to print.


I like this idea as its really clever, as this is the business stationery for Ben Brand, and the image is his name on a branding iron. These things might only work if you have a surname that can be relevant, but its made me think about creating the text in some other way than just typing the letters out on the computer. My idea was to create my letters in 3d and photograph them in different surroundings. This is all about thinking outside the box to get an idea that stands out.


These photographs are of my business card wall I have made in my bedroom for constant branding inspiration! I don't want to copy off what has been done before, but just looked at all these business cards can help me think about new ideas.




These are the business cards from past LCA graduates that I think work particularly well. I am considering using print finishes such as foil, spot varnish, duplexing etc in my business cards. I also like that some of the cards are a bit unusual, such as the few that are screen printed. I think these would be quite difficult to make but would stand out from the rest.





No comments:

Post a Comment