I have been keeping an eye out lately for examples of good magazine layouts to help inspire my magazine about Max for the Indesign brief. I started out by scanning in pages from different magazines that I read, but decided to look on the internet as well for more inspiring pieces, as the layouts used in the female magazines I read aren't really what I want to create for my article about Max.
Scans
Cosmopolitan
Vice
Look Magazine
Examples shown to us in Visual Language
Here are some examples of double page spreads we were shown in Visual Language. I have included some of the spreads that I liked the best.
The shape of layout and type used reflects the modern car.
This shows how image can actually take up more of the spread than text.
The text above the title is an interesting feature of this simple, clean layout. It looks professional but there seems to be a lot of text that I don't think I'd be drawn to reading.
By not just using rectangle text boxes this spread is exciting.
The busy page is a good contrast next to the simple page which is laid out diagonally.
Internet
The pages of this magazine are gorgeous, and the images are very important in these layouts.
Climax magazine
I like how this magazine contains image, text and a powerful heading, but still doesn't look too much, because of the use of negative space, but mainly because of the limited use of colour.
417 magazine
I particularly like how the text is shaped to mimic the flower, however, I think it is quite a busy piece.















No comments:
Post a Comment